The Turin Institute for the Deaf in Pianezza is an organization with ancient origins, founded in 1814 in order to take care of the education of deaf children and to train their teachers.
The Institute is a non-profit Foundation.
- Special need teachers and educators service in mainstream schools (from kindergarten to university) supporting students in collaboration with the local social services and school authorities;
- Training program for multi-impaired deaf and deafblind people and students with different disabilities;
- Vocational training and vocational guidance for young deaf (cooking and gardening);
- Training for teachers, speech therapists and educators;
- Specialized library and documentation centre for teachers and parents;
- Special projects for the inclusion of deaf people in the society in the view of universal accessibility, with a focus on museum and cultural institutions;
- Projects with the Universities in the fields of researches, language rehabilitation and social services;
- Home housing for deaf adults;
- European projects;
- Speech therapy and SLI programs;
- Kindergarten (with national ID as formal school);
- Language classes: Italian, English, sign languages;
- Sensorial Garden.
For more information:
FACEBOOK: Istituto dei Sordi di Torino
LINKEDIN: Fondazione Istituto dei Sordi di Torino – Onlus
ANOBII: Biblioteca dell’Istituto dei Sordi
YOUTUBE: Canale di IstitutoSordiTorino